Worry is like a rocking chair, it's gives you something to do but gets you nowhere!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Fertilizer Friday at Tootsie's!!

It's Friday....one week from Monday and school resumes!!
Get on over to http://tootsietime.blogspot.com and flaunt those flowers..
Hypoestes phyllostachya--Polka Dot Plant or Pink Blush---
You can't really tell from this photo, but I have a row of 13 that I scooped up from around the Mother plant that was purchased last year. Next year this area will be so pretty!
Double Rose of Sharon--Althea--Hibiscus syriacus

Golden Dew Drop --Duranta--Some parts are poisonous if ingested!

Lorapetulam
Impatiens with Creeping Jenny--Jenny is almost touching the ground!

Under the above hanging container..
On the other side of the bench from the photo above...Rex Begonia and Impatiens

Closer view of the Rex Begonia--Ms. Doris, three doors down gave me a small piece at the beginning of Spring........Apparently it's happy in this location!

Above the two photos above is yet another hanging container of Impaitens with some Hypoestes phyllostachya--Polka Dot Plant or Pink Blush on the left.
A small area just down from the photos above.

Part of the mailbox flower bed.


Another area in my full sun garden where I planted more Ipomoea-Margarita-Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine that I rooted. This is NOT the one that has a patent like the one Anna over at http://flowergardengirl.wordpress.com/ is featuring. I can't wait to show you the blooms on these Mums in front of the vine in the fall!! Hopefully I will get an ID for them. I scooped some out of my Mom's yard after she passed some six years ago..


AND....can't wait to show you the projects the girls and I have been working on!!!

28 comments:

Cathy S. said...

Just Beautiful here!

Happy FF!

-Cathy

Shelley said...

I really like that creeping Jenny! I wish I had a 1/10th of your flowers!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Darla: Here it is August and you are still putting on a glorious show.

siteseer said...

Your gardens are beautiful. I love all the colorful leaves

siteseer said...

Yes, my coreopsis is a moonbeam coreopsis. I have another coreopsis that is not nearly as colorful.

Tootsie said...

I can't wait to see what you have been up to! I love visiting your gardens...I don't think I could ever grow bored of seeing what you have created! I hope I have something to see when I get home!!! lol
I hear that my city got some hail storms while I am away...and I am feeling a bit anxious to see the damage! lol
dear friend...thanks for flaunting with me

George said...

Your garden is absolutely beautiful. I can hardly imagine the time you put into keeping it look so wonderful.

Susie said...

You always have something beautiful blooming Darla. I like that container with the impatiens and creeping jenny. Look forward to seeing what you and the guys have been working on.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I have creeping Jennie on my list of new things to try next season. I really like the way it looks in your pot. Your Rex Begonias are sure pretty. I wish they liked our summers here, I'd love to grow them but they never do well.
Marnie

Leedra said...

Your yard amazes me. Do you ever sit down?

MissyM said...

Wow!! Love that rex begonia and all your creeping jenny. I am going to do some work on shady areas next year and plan to use plenty of impatients.

Lois said...

So pretty Darla! I can't believe it's almost time for school again. I'm looking forward to it, since I'll be taking my grandson every morning. Haven't done that in years!

Randy said...

Darla, everything looks really good. You must be staying on top of the watering around your place.--Randy

Dorothy said...

Everything is really beautiful in your yard!! you must work out there all the time!!!

tina said...

Under your hanging container is too cool!

Jake said...

I can' wait to have my Rose of Sharon bloom...hopefully next year. Your mystery plant made me remember I have mystery seeds that I am now going to plant, lol.

Jake

Prospero said...

Hello Darla. Things are looking great in your garden. I am smitten with your Polka Dots plant. Your Creeping Jenny, flowing to the ground, Rapunzel-like, is very attractive, too.

Bonnie said...

I love the impatiens with Creeping Jenny. That is so cool. Also the mailbox garden. Beautiful flowers. Where is the mailbox? Loved the tour.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Girlie, Your yard and the pretty flowers and plants are just gorgeous. I took some pictures around our yard --but we don't have nearly as much color now as we did in spring. Guess we need to plant some more summer flowers.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful flowers. THis is a flower season here. I am enjoyed it.

Linda said...

your containers are flourishing

Becca's Dirt said...

Darla everything is gorgeous. I love the impatiens around the tree. Wish I could visit your gardens.

Anonymous said...

Thanks of the link and you are so correct--there is a difference in patented plants and non. I also have some sweet potato vine rooted that isn't patented that I plan on using in the garden. So important to know the difference. All your bloomers look awesome.

Chris said...

Beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love the double Rose of Sharon, how pretty. The impatiens and Creeping Jenny look great together.

Val said...

Oh I just love all of your flowers and plants. I cannot wait to see what you and the girls have been up to.

Anonymous said...

simply beautifully captured shots....lovely!

Jessica said...

Always~ the prettiest flowers!